Monday, November 1, 2010

If Twitter Existed in Village

Now, I am not sure if this is a good idea or if I will keep it up much after this entry but while in village there have been so many moments where I thought to myself wow, this is a perfect twitter moment. I never kept a twitter while I lived in the states, except for once as it was assigned for a class, so I am not sure if I am doing it right but hopefully these few moments will give you more of an idea what life is like in village.
I give you-

If Twitter Existed in Village:

October 12, 2010

Started to sleep outside in my tent because the heat in hut is getting unbearable, woke up this morning with a cockroach ( the size of a fairly large rat) on my leg, and who needs coffee to jump start their day!

October 14, 2010

Nothing makes you feel more like a catch than when a man buys you a fish!

October 14, 2010

Learned how to cook rice on an open fire, I could barely do it with a rice cooker in the states!

October 15, 2010

Happy International Hand washing Day! (you're welcome for that piece of information, now wash your hands)

October 16, 2010

Asked a group of kids what they were eating, as a bowl of what I thought was food was in front of them. They laughed and said it was mud.... gives you an idea of what Malian food looks like!

October 16, 2010

Got my first "icky finger" from the budget secretary in the mayors office... whoa lucky day!

October 17, 2010

In an attempt to integrate I think I drank river water- God help me!

October 19, 2010

Just came to the realization that if there is ever hair in my food while I am in village its got to be mine! Comforting!

October 19, 2010

And have come full circle, saw a cow birth today--and to think, I used to think the miracle of life videos from high school were bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment