Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Offically a PCV

September 3, 2010




So here I am an official Peace Corps Volunteer. I am getting ready to head out to site where I will stay for three months before heading back to Tubaniso for another few weeks of training. Needless to say I am excited and nervous all at once.

We were sworn in as volunteers on Friday morning at the American Embassy in Bamako. There the Ambassador gave a moving speech and was actually brought to tears. She said that she would have never been courageous enough to do what we are doing and called us "America's best ambassadors" because we actually live among Malians. It was powerful and I can say I am very proud to call myself a PCV. The volunteers where dressed in our best Malian threads and were all very excited. It is nice to be done with constant classes and finally reaching the point where we can unpack our bags, decorate our huts and make our own schedules. It shall be glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment